Unable to save progress - Connection failure. Please refresh your browser.
WND112 Practical Approach to Problem Wounds
Jeffrey A. Niezgoda, MD, FACHM, MAPWCA, CHWS (Course Director)
Dr. Ravi K. Kamepalli and Dr. Jeffrey A. Niezgoda have indicated they have no relevant financial relationships to disclose in regard to the content of their presentations.
TOPICS AND EDUCATIONAL CONTENT
This course will examine the following:
- patient with a complex thoracic-abdominal wound
- proven algorithm for management of atypical presentations
- prescriptions for patients with pressure ulcers
- lessons in lower extremity wounds
- case presentations in optimizing care of patients with infected wounds
- successful management of surgical & traumatic wounds (surgical, trauma, skull, and lumbar)
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain the importance of wound bed preparation.
- List the steps followed including infection assessment, vascular assessment, wound bed preparation, off-loading of the foot.
- Recognize the need for team approach to complex wound care including early and adequate surgical intervention in necrotizing infection along with antibiotic and hyperbaric therapy.
- Discuss treatment approaches in complex surgical, traumatic and scalp wounds.